All reviews are anonymous and collected at the end of semester. I'm presenting my aggregate reviews for lectures here.
(% responding positive per course)
|"I would recommend this instructor"
|"The instructor is approachable"
|"...creates worthwhile assignments"
|"...makes effective use of course readings"
|"...has a reasonable grading system"
Median Scores for all courses
[1 (lowest) - 6 (highest)]
|Clarity of Lecture
|Quality of Feedback
|Instructor's Respect for Students
|Student interest in topic
Favorite comments from student reviews
- "Josh is awesome and hilarious. I have no idea how he can be so witty at 8 in the morning, but he was [sic] continually surprised me with his deadpan delivery of topical humor."
- "I'm not in his [lecture] section but I changed because I enjoy his teaching style."
- "I really enjoyed your teaching style"
- "Highly effective TA"
- "Instructor always applied topics to current research he was aware of. This sort of information is key to a good learning environment."
- "Very good job engaging students during recitation. You do a great job asking us questions as you go so that recitation is not just another lecture. Hope to have you as a TA again."
- "Josh was articulate and excited about the material."
- "It was great to hang after class and discuss a variety of random topics relevant to computer science, robotics, or simply general life knowledge"(!)
- "Very impressive TA. Fantastic job. Props to josh"
- "Awesome TA. Super chill bro"
Major Complaints from student reviews
- "I wish he would speak slowly for international students"
- "... sometimes his voice turns down to a whisper"
- "his examples were nice but didn't prepare us for the exams"